Tuesday, March 20, 2018

fun facts.

a few things you might not know about me.

1. about a million years ago I was engaged to and ALMOST married a dude.
it was a big mess when I was 21 and years before I came to the realization I'm pretty gay. a wedding dress was purchased, invitations were printed and it yet it never happened.
we both had tons of issues and in the long run it was 110% for the best for everyone involved.

2. the majority of my childhood--well until I graduated high school--I was a either on stage or working behind it.
my parents got me into local drama classes at our community theater when I was in Kindergarten because I was constantly getting into trouble for talking too much in class. I was then in at least 2 productions a year until I was done with high school. my senior year our high school thespian troupe even traveled to Scotland to perform.

3. I met my now wife online in January 2012 and then moved up here(6 hours away from my hometown) after a handful of dates the next month. yes, very stereotypical and honestly a crazy thing to do. I would never want someone to ask me for starting a relationship advice because I'm very aware of the fact that we are in the minority of how well our crazy start actually working out.

4. I was a cliche hater of all sports until I met my wife and now I'm wishing I could go back into time and possibly focus on sports journalism/management as a possible career. I love college sports although the majority of the games I'm pestering the wife asking her what's going on or I'm talking trash about refs/coaches/something extremely irrelevant to the actual game.

5. when I was growing up there was a long period of time I had the toll house chocolate chip cookie recipe memorized. baking cookies with my dad is one of the things that I miss most about him. I have very vivid memories being in charge of the dry mix and often attempting to tweek the recipe with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment