Saturday, March 24, 2018

81 days so far.

at the start of each year I am always that obnoxious one who is excited and overly hopeful for what the new year will bring. I make a huge list of goals for the year and always proclaim that THIS YEAR will be the best, better than the rest.
last year was a pretty amazing year--2017 Ash was adopted by Lindsey and legally joined the Stotts club and our family grew with Lo being born in May. While wasn't the easiest year--they never are with such huge shifts in life--it was a beautiful year. I went into 2018 with a huge smile on my face just knowing it would be even better.
well honestly, so far it's been total shit. our little family has been plagued with so many hits that it's getting hard to keep up with them. countless car issues, which has at times left us stranded either at our home or hours away from it, and now we are getting hit by a plague of homeowner issues. I know that these things are not life or death issues. that we are lucky in so many other ways. yet, these things begin to build and cause issues far beyond the realm of cars or basic house issues. this build up starts to weigh heavier and heavier daily.
I've cried a bit more than I would like this year. I've also felt more out of control than I would like.
trying to find the brighter side everyday and laugh my way threw it all.

so this is me right now 81 days into the absolute hell of a year calling a redo--something we do quite often in our house. time to start fresh and just put my head down and handle the shit while still loving this life even on the hardest days.
these moments are quick and I don't want to lose sight.
so tomorrow we will all do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment