Tuesday, July 11, 2017

rewrite all the rules.

There is a set of rules that seem to be ingrained into girls while growing up. This is at no fault of her parents, it just happens. Parents aren't the only ones to 'blame' either. The world in a whole seems to have a set a rules girls are supposed to follow.
An order in which life is supposed to happen.
A way someone is supposed to live.

Well that's not the way my life has gone and for far too long I tortured myself because of it.
I felt like a wasn't doing life right because I wasn't living by these rules.

  • I had a kid way before I should have.
  • Stop and started school more times than I should admit.
  • Threw myself into worthless relationships for years before I figured out I'm actually pretty gay.
  • Being gay in general.

This is just the start of my list of what I didn't do 'right'.


I'm done kicking myself and have decided to not break these rules but to rewrite them.
Live the life that makes me happy and forgive myself along the way.
Rewrite all the rules that have pulled me into a place that I was never happy with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment